Coconut Red Lentil Dahl
19 Mar 2019
By Naturopath & Nutritionist Sarah Nankervis (Stevens)
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 cup red lentils, uncooked
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 bunch coriander
Cook the onions, ginger and garlic in the coconut oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the spices, coconut milk, lentils and water.
Cook for 35-45 minutes until lentils are soft and it’s thickened up.
Remove from heat and serve topped with coriander.