Coconut Red Lentil Dahl
19 Mar 2019
By Naturopath & Nutritionist Sarah Nankervis (Stevens)
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 cup red lentils, uncooked
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 bunch coriander
Cook the onions, ginger and garlic in the coconut oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the spices, coconut milk, lentils and water.
Cook for 35-45 minutes until lentils are soft and it’s thickened up.
Remove from heat and serve topped with coriander.
Do you need more guidance on your wellness journey?
Book an appointment with Sarah here