19 Dec 2018
By Sarah Nankervis, Naturopath & Nutritionist
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small leek, white part only, sliced into rounds 3 cups thinly sliced kale leaves
- Pinch coarse salt
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add leek and kale and season with salt. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor. Add raw cashews and puree until smooth. Season with garlic powder, chilli flakes and lemon juice.