MA Nutritional Medicine, BHSC Naturopathy
Sarah Nankervis is a highly qualified and degree educated Naturopath and Nutritionist with over 15 years of clinical experience. Sarah is passionate about the human gut and its microbiome relating to the mind, auto-immunity, fertility, and women’s health.
Sarah founded Luxton Wellness in 2011 after realising her passion to empower individuals to make permanent health change through food and whole food cooking. Whole food cooking and recipe development is what makes Sarah stand out as a Naturopath and Nutritionist and she is grateful to be able to share her passion with others through her recipes, cooking classes and workshops and soon to be published book “Happy Gut, Happy Mind”.
Over the past 15 years Sarah has enhanced people’s lives by helping them make positive changes to their health and wellbeing in a holistic way. She has supported people through cancer treatment and preventative health, overcoming fertility issues or hormonal imbalances and making changes in chronic pain or digestive issues.
“A happy gut microbiome is a happy, healthy human” - Sarah Nankervis
A mum of two children with her own personal journey through Autoimmune disease and fertility, Sarah feels she can provide genuine empathy and support to her clients in their quest to achieve their goals.
Sarah is passionate about furthering her education to keep up to date with new and emerging studies of the gut microbiome and its influence on health outcomes. Along with extensive clinical experience Sarah is continually honing her treatment skills to be the best practitioner she can be.
Sarah helps implement change by;
- Educating - making sure you understand your own body and what is happening to you as an individual
- Working together on short & long term goals and re-evaluating these goals along your journey
- Understanding and correcting underlying imbalances and deficiencies using clinical assessment and pathology testing
- Embracing food as a medicine - whether you are an avid cook who needs to refocus on more whole food recipes or if you have no interest in cooking, Sarah has many ways to help introduce sustainable healthy food habits
- Recommending nutritional and herbal support as needed - Sarah uses supplements to guide your body where it needs to go - ultimately managing your health through food first
- Listening to your story- mental and emotional stress or trauma can massively influence your health goals and one does not exist without the other
Conditions Sarah works with;
- Auto-immune diseases - including Hashimoto’s Disease, Spondyloarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis, Coeliac disease and other gut AID’s
- Gut Microbiome dysfunction and digestive issues - SIBO, intolerances, parasites, IBS/D
- Women’s hormone health - Fertility, Endometriosis, PCOS, Peri-meopause and Menopause
- Cancer Support - integrative oncology
- Anxiety and Mood disorders