Sarah’s Rice Paper Rolls
19 Dec 2018
By Sarah Nankervis, Naturopath & Nutritionist
- 100g porterhouse steak (Grass fed, organic)
- 1/2 packet of 16cm rice paper rounds (2/3 each person)
- 1 medium carrot
- 100g snow peas
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved and deseeded
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steak, turning once for 2 minutes each side. Rest, uncovered for 5 minutes, then thinly slice. Finely slice carrots, cucumber, snow peas into matchsticks. Shred the iceberg lettuce. Combine vegetables in a bowl.
Fill a roasting dish with warm water and soak 2 rice paper rounds in each batch in boiled water for a couple of minutes or until it has softened, lift out of the water gently and shake off any excess water and place onto a clean damp tea towel.
Top the rice papers with beef, then vegetables. Roll to enclose. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Substitute Beef for Poached chicken, Salmon or tofu.