Functional medicine is an approach to health that focuses on the relationship between the external environment and the gastrointestinal, endocrine and immune systems in the body.
Functional pathology aims to investigate the status of these functional, biochemical, nutritional, metabolic and hormonal processes through the use of evidence-based testing.
Functional Pathology testing provides a tool for early intervention, management and monitoring of ongoing treatment efficiency.
When would we to use Functional Pathology?
- As part of a holistic approach in determining the baseline status of hormone, nutrient status, gut health, immunity prior to implementing support strategies/supplements
- To monitor your progress and treatment efficacy
- For Specialised laboratory testing to investigate chronic unresolved symptoms and/or conditions
- When trying to establish the cause of disease or imbalances
Common tests Sarah uses:
- Stress and adrenal hormones
- Female and male hormones
- Thyroid Profile - Comprehensive
- Stool analysis and digestive health
- Parasite screening
- Neuroendocrine Profile - For mood disorders, anxiety, depression, sleep issues, genetic
- Smart DNA Testing- DNA profile and GUT DNA profile
- SIBO breath testing
- Autoimmune Screening
- Coeliac pathology screening: Gene and Antibodies
- Hair mineral analysis
- Heavy metal screening
- MTHFR gene testing